National Museum San Marino
A diversified mix of objects both by period and type, the collection of the National Museum of San Marino took form during the second half of the XIX century and is the result of numerous donations received from all parts of the world.
The main benefactor of the museum collection was the Italian Count, Luigi Cibrario, Minister of the Kingdom of Italy and consultant to the San Marino Government from 1862. In fact, Count Cibrario was the first to donate to the Museum. The antique bibliographic documents, from his private collection enriched the National Library. After his example, many other Italian intellectuals and political figures donated valuable items to the small State. In fact, at the time the most ancient Republic in the world symbolized the myth of the rebirth of a nation and with the donations these persons wanted to demonstrate their admiration.
Opened to the public in 1899, the National Museum was situated in Palazzo Valloni but, as of March 18, 2001, it was reopened to the public after moving to another antique building in the historical city center, Palazzo Pergami Belluzzi. Today, the Museum has a collection of almost five thousand pieces, many of which are native to the Country and its history.
National Museum (Palazzo Pergami Belluzzi)
Piazzetta del Titano, 1 - San Marino Città
Entrance fee: 3,00 euro
From January 02 to 07 June: 9.00 - 17.00
From June 08 to September 13: hours 8:00 to 20:00
From 14 September to 31 December: 9.00 - 17.00
Closed: January 1, Nov. 2 (afternoon) and December 25
Visiting hours and prices may change