The Franciscan Capuchin Church of San Quirino was built around 1550, on the foundations of an ancient chapel dedicated to St. Quirino, in memory of the unsuccessful attempt of Fabiano da San Savino to occupy the city on the 4th of June 1543 – date of the Celebration of the Feast of the Saint.
The church was consecrated in 1709.
Giuseppe Garibaldi disbanded his army under its portico.
The monument to San Francesco, work of Edoardo Collamarini in 1928, stands in the large square in front of the Church. The author of the statue is Silvetrio Monteguti.
Inside the Church, one can admire the painting of the “Deposition” by Taddeo Zuccari.