The Museum of Ancient Arms of San Marino is located in the Second Tower – Cesta/Fratta, situated 755 meters high on Mount Titan. It houses 2,000 antique weapons that the San Marino state acquired between 1956 and 1972.
The exhibition is spread over the tower’s two floors divided into four rooms and tells the story of the evolution of weapons, the transition from cold ones- swords, daggers and crossbows – to firearms, plus there is no shortage of prototypes and experimental weapons such as the dagger-pistol from 1730, the two-handed sword from the 16th century and the double pistol, with two barrels and two triggers from the late 1800s.
- Hall 1: Evolutions of “pole arms” and their slow decline, replaced by firearms
- Hall 2: Armor from various eras and origins
The museum was opened in 1956, thanks to an agreement made with Giovanni Carlo Giorgetti, a well-known San Marino collector.
Museum of Ancient Arms (Second Tower)
Salita alla Cesta Street – San Marino City
From 2/01 to 7/06: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
From 8/06 13/09: hours 8 a.m. -8 p.m.
From 14/09 to 12/31: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The museum is closed on: Jan. 1, afternoon of Nov. 2 and Dec. 25
Visiting hours and fees may be subject to change.