The St. Francis Picture Gallery – Pinacoteca San Francesco was opened in 1966 and is located in an architectural complex, founded in 1361, attached to the church of St. Francis and adjacent to the Franciscan friars’ convent. To this day, only the exterior walls retain the original features.
The Upper Loggia is dedicated to the most important works. Here, under the colonnade of the old Franciscan cloister dating back to the 1400s, works from the 16th century by Guercino, Gerolamo Marchesi da Cotignola and Niccolò di Liberatore known as the Pupil are displayed. Also noteworthy is a work by Urbino painter Timoteo Viti, Raphael’s master, depicting Saint Anthony of Padua and Saint Agatha.
The Lower Loggia houses numerous liturgical objects and some valuable paintings including an Adoration of the Magi attributed to Bitino da Faenza.
On the second floor are two rooms where works donated by artist Emilio Ambron are displayed.
St. Francis Museum – Picture Gallery
Basilicius Street – City of San Marino
Phone +378 0549-885132
January 02 to June 07: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
From June 08 to Sept. 13: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
September 14 to December 31: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The museum is closed on: Jan. 1, afternoon of Nov. 2 and Dec. 25
Admission with combined ticket (Pass € 8.00) that can be purchased online at the official website.
Visiting hours and fees may be subject to change.